Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hey Dustin Brown: that was sweet. Now do it again tomorrow night!




I got home from my weekly adult hockey clinic tonight to catch the end of the Kings game. In overtime against the division-leading Sharks, Kings winger Dustin Brown decided he was not going to be denied. Holding onto the puck, he pulled a sweet spin move and then nailed a shot between the legs of the Sharks' goalie.

I loved it. One of the things I'm slowly learning in hockey is there are times you simply have to decide 'the puck is mine and if you try to take it, I will put a hand grenade in your shorts.' Or something like that. You just simply refuse to surrender the puck or at least die trying.

Brown, by the way, had a tough game previous to his overtime score. He missed a key scoring chance in the third period and landed in the penalty box with about five minutes to go, nearly costing the Kings the game. But then he played OT like a man possessed and the Kings got the two points and are in fourth place in the western conference.

I hope it carries over to tomorrow night against Phoenix, which is sixth in the conference. I'll be there and ready to see a Kings win after another hard day of blogging for the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment