Friday, October 2, 2009

Kings cut some ticket prices to first three games

The Kings' season doesn't start until Saturday night, but the team is already discounting some seats for its first three home games. I'm all for cutting ticket prices, but I'd be pretty pissed if I had bought my tickets ahead of time at full price only to see the Kings mark down prices now because they haven't been able to sell out the game.

An acquaintance forwarded me an email the team sent last night to a local rink:

LA KINGS
OPENING HOME STAND
RINK SPECIAL OFFER
Saturday, Oct. 3rd vs. Phoenix Coyotes
Tuesday, Oct. 6th vs. San Jose Sharks
Thursday, Oct. 8th vs. Minnesota Wild
300 Level Tickets $26
200 Level Tickets $56
100 Level Tickets $87
CLINIC BELOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OFTHIS OFFER:
PASSWORD: HOMESTAND


It's not a huge discount -- basically it amounts to $6 or $7 off 200 level seats and $10 off the 100 level seats.

As of 3:35, I checked ticket availability for tomorrow night's opener against Phoenix and there were fifth row seats in section 118 available as well as second row seats in 308. At regular prices on Ticketmaster, I also found two front row seats on the glass for section 110 ($953!) and a pair in row six in section 214 ($144).

It makes you wonder how the Kings are faring when it comes to ticket sales. I know times are tough and the Coyotes are hardly a draw, but still it's the home opener and on paper the Kings seem to be improved.

I just checked and there's also some decent seats left near face value on the Kings season ticket exchange. If I didn't already have seats, I'd probably drain my checking account further by springing for the pair of tickets in row two of section 15 for $66 apiece.

--Steve Hymon

No comments:

Post a Comment