Friday, November 13, 2009

See, hockey always makes a grown man smile!


IMG_4154_1600x1067
Originally uploaded by Les_Stockton
It would have been criminal not to post this photo on the blog. I found it posted in Flickr's hockey group, shot by Les Stockton. Please note that the fellow standing next to John Connolly is wearing a full cage on his helmet -- like the one I'm wearing. I can't stand it when I get a little bit of meat stuck between my teeth; I'm not sure how I'd react if several teeth were removed at once by a puck/stick/elbow/etcetera.

Now that I think of it, I took a full stick across the face a few weeks ago during an exciting adult over 40 hockey clinic. It wasn't intentional. One of my classmates turned quickly to chase an errant puck (there are lots of those in my class) and the stick went high and cracked me right in front of the cage. No cage and I'd look like the dude in the photo except I wouldn't be smiling.

--Steve Hymon

No comments:

Post a Comment