Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Solution for the Kings is same solution for every team!

I don't spend a lot of time reading quotes from players on LAKingsInsider. Most of them are riddled with the same boring cliches.

But I had to laugh when I read this one from D-man Drew Doughty on the Kings' loss to Anaheim on Monday and their recent slump:

DOUGHTY: “We know, as a team, we haven’t been creating as many chances as we’d like, and we’ve got to get back to the basics. Getting pucks to the net and getting guys to the goal, that is the only way we are going to be able to score goals. We just need to focus on getting our shots on target, first of all, and having a body in front.”

I hear the same thing from both my own big mouth and others on my team, win or lose. It's not exactly rocket science -- keeping a guy in front of the other team's goal -- but we have to remind ourselves to do it time and time and time again.


--S.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment