Friday, October 30, 2009

Is Spongebob Squarepants encouraging Puck Boy to gamble?



I couldn't resist posting this -- I walked past this slot in one of the big Wynn hotels in Vegas last week and did a double-take: Is that Spongebob Squarepants encouraging people to piss away their money?

Nope, it's just a character who happens to look a lot like Spongebob. Now, it's not like I expect the gambling industry to act as wonderful, sensitive citizens of the world. But even for them this is a bit of a 'fuck you' to a perfectly delightful animated television character. Plus, it didn't work. I was immediately repelled and decided to lose $20 playing roulette instead.


On that subject: I'd like to extend a hearty "suck it" to the Nevada gaming commission. There's no way on God's green earth that little ball should have landed on zero. I don't know how it got there, but got there it did and I parted with money that could have been used for the new hockey jock I desperately need; the old one is either shrinking or hockey is making the ol' evanroot grow...never mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment